Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ST. Mc PATRICK'S DAY!

Tomorrow I am obligated to make corned beef and cabbage.  Not because I'm Irish.  But because I married into Irish...my last name now, and for the past 20 years, begins with an "Mc"...need I say more?

So tomorrow, even though my children are teenagers and have "minds of their own," I cannot allow them to leave the house without wearing green.  Even though more Ukrainian than Irish blood runs through their veins, their last name begins with an "Mc"...need I say more?

And, tomorrow, it would be shameful if I didn't include shamrock shaped sugar cookies with green icing and sprinkles in my family's school lunches.  They expect it.  Our last name begins with an "Mc"....need I say more?

But, tomorrow, I get to have one pour of the wine, before cocktail o-clock, out at a Tavern.  Because I married into Irish...my last name now, and for the past 20 years, starts with an "Mc"...need I say more?

There's always a benefit to anything!

Tomorrow, Happy St. McPatrick's Day!

Ciao for now!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment