Monday, February 7, 2011

A MAGICAL LIFE

I like to think of my life as a Magical Life!





THE AMUSING

It's like seeing a guy walking a hog on a leash in the middle of the city.  Magical!

It's like hearing an advertisement for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer research and a car pulls in front of you with the license plate "BOOBS."  Magical!

It's like thinking of a friend and a song comes on the radio that has everything to do with that friend.  Magical!

THE HELPFUL

It's when you have to find a wedding gown seven months pregnant and the first gown, in the first display, in the first store you see is the perfect gown for you.  Magical!

It's when your bank account says $0.65 and you need $100 for groceries that week.  You have a garage sale and sell $101.35 worth of junk.  And you have money left over for the parking meter.  Magical!

It's when someone out of the blue offers you a job just as you leave another. Magical!

THE COMPASSIONATE

It's when you're thinking of someone that you haven't been in contact with for some time and they call or e-mail.  Magical!

It's when you finally think of the perfect birthday gift for a friend on the very day of the birthday.  Magical!

It's when you don't think there's anything more in life and something stirs in you that you never thought you had.  Magical!





So I do think I have a Magical Life!  

And this past Saturday presented me with yet another little slice of magic!


"A" sprung on me Saturday morning that he needed a dress shirt and a tie for the special party he was attending that evening.  He also wanted to buy the birthday girl a gift.

"Can I have my allowance, please?"  (I'm frequently delinquent)

He had the shirt and gift covered.  He knew precisely the shirt he wanted and where to get it.  He knew precisely the gift he wanted and where to get it.  He knew precisely the tie he wanted...

...but knew not where to get it.  And neither did I.

He wanted...exactly, without negotiation or compromise a....


Black Skinny Tie!



I pushed that skinny tie to the back of my mind for the moment(s) and stored it there for future panic.  I had a busy day ahead of me and I promised  A and Her Highness a Runyon Canyon hike.  Or, rather, they promised me.  We did the hike.  The difficult trail where one may catch, from time to time, grown men crying on the top of that mountain.  I relished the hike.  They "survived" the hike.

Regardless, by the end, we were all sweaty, tired and hungry...however, apparently, also energized for some shopping.  Well...A and Her Highness were energized for shopping.   I was hungry.

Before we eat, we start with the shirt...easy!  A tries it and buys it.  $$Cha Ching$$ minus 50%!  Yay!

We're hungry.  We sit down.  Order.  That Black-Skinny-Tie-panic slowly and maniacally begins to crawl to the forefront of my mind.

"A, do you have any idea where to get your Black Skinny Tie?"
Nope.

"Her Highness, do you have any idea where to get A a Black Skinny Tie?"
Nope.  

It's up to me, I guess.

We Eat, Pay, Leave.

Next, it is Hot Topic for the birthday gift!  Perfect!  Right around the corner.  Though, panic is mounting, I feel like it's a little easier to keep at bay.  Could they have ties here?

As A searches through t-shirts...

ME:  Ties?

THEM:  YES!!!

ME:  Skinny Ties?!!  

THEM:  YES!!!

There they were.  Ties with skulls, ties with thorns, ties with roses, ties with kitties, ties with doggies...
white ties, striped ties, polka dotted ties, checked ties...pink ties, red ties, blue ties, brown ties, gray ties, and every other tie and plenty of each.  I don't see any Skinny Black Ties!

A, how about the black with checkers tie?  Nope.
A, that black tie only has one skull.  Nope.
A, solid gray is close to black. Nope.

No negotiation...no compromise!  Crap!

Just then my eyes travel down to the very bottom of the display.  And there it was. The One and Only, amongst 10s of other ties, at the very bottom, to the left on the display, pulled forward and separated from the others like it was yelling out to me, "Just for you!," a Single Solid Black Skinny Tie.

MAGICAL!

I then go through all the ties to see if there are any other black ones 'cause I just can't believe this is the only one.  For me.  For A.  Yes, and so it is... the only.   Thank you!

So....I grabbed.  He bought.  We left.  I continued on with my day.  Her Highness continued on with her plans.  Mr. Fashionisto continued on to his party.  It was a fun-filled, fulfilling, and a gratefully smooth-running day.  Thanks to the lil' bit 'o' magic.

Some may say someone's watching over me.  Some may say it's coincidence.  Some may say "What's the big deal?"  And it may be all that.  However, besides all that, I like to think that little tiny event was a little tiny bit of magic...to help me along in my magical life.  And I like to think that as long as I pay attention, more magic will come.  Because I prefer to live my life in amazement and wonder.   I wish for you, too, to pay attention to the magic. 'Cause it really is a lotta fun!

Ciao for now!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment