Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ORGANIZE SCHMORGANIZE

Organize Schmorganize!  I'm not looking forward to it!

This year I've vowed to organize - learn, do and accomplish!

Hopefully, by this year's end, I'll be left with a clearer head and uncluttered surroundings so that I may function a bit more efficiently and calmly.  Most importantly, to make this work, by year's end I must Habit-ize to Organize!

So...it's almost the middle of February and I still haven't started.  Before today, say organize and you'd only be able to count a single finger on a single hand.  You pick the finger.  The appropriate finger or the inappropriate finger?  Whichever suits your style.


Pick a finger!

Me, I choose the appropriate finger that makes the strongest statement: The Inappropriate Finger! 
 
ORGANIZE THIS!!!  


Okay!  Now that's outta my system, I have to get on with it.  I have a big day!  Today I begin! 


I may be good at organizing thoughts, time, events, trips and people, but what I hate organizing are things.  Well...let me use "proper" English...I "dislike" to organize things.  I find it difficult to organize things.  I am really crappy at organizing things.

So, I figure before I take on projects like...tackle file cabinets, recipes, computer files, or the ultimate -

PICTURES

my head may feel a little clearer about what I need to do if I clear out, toss out, donate off or sell off a few things.  Or, maybe, a lotta things.  Depending on what crap I find.

So starting today - Baby Steps!

CONTRACT:

By the end of the week I vow to get done the following:

Clean out  my dresser drawers - for ship off/sell off
Clean out the bathroom drawers and cupboards - for toss out/toss out
Clean out the glove compartment of the car - who the heck knows? 

Depending what I find, this could be an exciting adventure.  or not.  we'll see.

So today I only leave you with a short post.  'Cause...

I gotta step away from the computer.
 
I gotta put on my workin' clothes. 

I gotta pull up my sleeves. 

I gotta suck it up.

I gotta launch this project. 

I GOTTA GET ME SOME RESULTS!


Ciao for now!
k

2 comments:

  1. How did it go? While we were on vacation, I mentally went through the house and started a "to-do" list for each room in the house. I'm going to try tackle it in pieces, instead of being overwhelmed by it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie..managed to get through it all...plus more! You can read all about it in the Distraction-ized post! good luck with your house! and pieces is best! :)

    ReplyDelete