Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DEFINITIONS of ADVENTURE

I have my own Book of Words.  The Karen Book of Words.  Clever title, right?!  Ha!  I use them often, and my family gets totally annoyed.  Well, sometimes they giggle...to humor me...when they want something.  I make up words...I misuse words (sometimes intentionally, often times accidentally)...and, occasionally, I use these words for shock value.  Something like:

Googly (!):
1:    an exclamation used at high volume to break the silence
2:    it's time to pay attention to me now; often used when child, husband or pet won't respond

So....since I will be writing about adventure in future posts...maybe a little too much... I should probably give you my definition of "adventure."

First, I give you this for reference:

- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Adventure (n):
1  a : an undertaking usually involving danger and unknown risks
    b : the encountering of risks <the spirit of adventure>
2 : an exciting or remarkable experience <an adventure in exotic dining>
3 : an enterprise involving financial risk
Adventure (v):
1:  to expose to danger or loss : venture
2:  to venture upon : try

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My definition:

- The Karen Book of Words:
Adventure (n): 
1:  Life; <involving risk, challenge>
Adventure (v):
1.  Give something new; <be creative, compassionate, empathetic>
2:  Recognize something new; <be present>
3:  Understand something new; <look from another perspective, at others and at oneself>
4:  Learn something new; <be active, read, travel, listen>
5:  Experience something new; <say "Yes">
6:  Sense something new; <pay attention>

But why formulate this definition?...

....So this extraordinary word may always be pertinent to this extraordinary life. I give credence to this definition every day as I seek adventure in every way. 

Ciao for now!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment